Sonoma Seeds is a premium cannabis seed company based out of California with offices in Vancouver, BC. Sonoma Seeds provides the best cannabis strains from around the world. From autoflower strains, potent sativas, mild hybrids, high CBD strains and strong indicas…we have a cannabis strain for everyone and every purpose.
Preface: Use only the instructions provided below to germinate Sonoma Seeds. Any other methods will void the germination warranty.
Use only spring water (bottled or fresh) to germinate Sonoma Seeds. Using spring water will eliminate 99% of any issues from water sources.
- Drop your Sonoma Seeds into a glass half full of the spring water.
- Let them soak between 15-18 hours from the time you drop them into the water.
- Do not soak them beyond this time because it is possible to drown your seeds.
- Dampen a plain, thick paper towel with the spring water and place on a ceramic plate.
- Place the seeds on the damp paper towel and fold the paper towel over top of the seeds.
- Pour off any excess water.
Step #3 (the last one):
- Place seeds in a dark area without any light until the seeds open, which depending on the strain, may take up to 7 days to germinate.
- Check every 5-12 hours to make sure the towel is still moist. Spray with spring water if needed.
- Be patient and attentive.
- When germination is complete, the taproot will be between 1/4″ – 1/2″ long (.635cm-1.27cm)
- At this point you can transfer your successfully germinated Sonoma Seed(s) to dirt or rock wool cubes with the root facing down.
After the discovery of ruderalis cannabis, growers realized that they could breed any strain with ruderalis and make that strain an autoflowering version.
This allows the strain to produce flowers automatically toward the end of the growing cycle without having to trigger it manually. Without autoflower genetics, a grower would have to change the amount of light that the plant receives to put it in a more dormant state which then triggers the plant to flower.
This mimics the natural flowering process where the plants would receive less sunlight during the day, stop the growing process and produce flowers in response.
At Sonoma Seeds, they bred a few of their strains to make sure they had ruderalis genetics and produce flowers on auto. The autoflower White Widow will produce flowers in 8-10 weeks without having to change the growing process.
The sought after bud (flower) that cannabis plants produce is only made by the female plants. This is why so many growers turn to using feminized seeds.
When feminized seeds grow, they will only produce female plants. They have more X chromosomes than ordinary seeds since they have been conditioned. Regular seeds produce both male and female plants. When growing cannabis, the only reason you would want a male plant is to produce pollen to fertilize other female plants.
This is why feminized seeds are ideal for most growers since they are growing cannabis to produce flowers. This takes a lot of work out of sorting the plants once they begin to grow since the male and female plants have to be separated to prevent pollination.
The next step beyond feminized seeds is to get feminized seeds that are also autoflower so that you have female plants that automatically produce bud.
At Sonoma Seeds, they took it a step further and made sure all of the seeds are feminized, including the autoflower strains.
ENJOY GROWING YOUR CANNABIS PLANT!